Join the leading mixed reality team as a Senior Unity Developer.
We are looking for a talented Unity expert with the gaming industry experience and great technical skills. The successful candidate is passionate about visualization technologies, video games and has a strong desire to make stunning augmented and mixed reality applications.
We need someone with the confidence and skills to champion world-class interactive design experiences by developing Unity-based apps and mentoring other developers.
- Develop new components for the existing commercial mixed reality applications.
- Refactor the existing applications to enhance their performance and visual appeal.
- Apply experience from the gaming industry to suggest AAA-worthy visual solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to the vGIS development team.
- Work with a project manager to build a project plan, timeline and estimates.
- Estimate tasks and manage time effectively.
- Work with the creative team to realize a concept into implementation.
- Establish best practices for the team and collaborate with other project team leads to standardize best practices.
- Use tools including Unity, Visual Studio and Jenkins.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop and deploy high-quality custom projects.
- 5+ years of software development working with C# or C++.
- Expert knowledge of the Unity 3D engine.
- Experience with Unreal or other leading AAA game engines.
- Expert knowledge of techniques to develop visually stunning and performance-optimized 3D applications (amazing visuals while maintaining high FPS).
- Proven ability to deliver products from concept to submission.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work independently and without supervision.
- Experience with AR/MR.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
NICE TO HAVES
- Computer Science or Engineering degree (preferred), or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Android, iOS and Windows.
- Experience with MRTK, ARKit or ARCore.
- Please submit your resume to jobs@vGIS.io
- Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, regret to inform you that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.